Welcome One And All

See the world through the eyes of one who is usually a little off center, and always anxious to hear your opinions. My purpose is not to entertain you, though I hope you are entertained, it is not to make you change your views so they align with mine, again, that would be nice sometimes, but to show you that you DO NOT have to think the way you have been told to all of your lives. Everyone has opinions and views, and they do not always conform to some unwritten standard. Your opinions are as important as anyone's. It is important to "Look Behind The Curtain", it is necessary to ask the question "Why", and it is best for all of us if you learn to think for yourselves. So agree with me if you choose to, or disagree. But THINK about what is happening in our world. and use the comments to give me your opinions, good, bad or indifferent. I want to hear from you, or for you to tell me about your BLOG, or to suggest one you think I should see. Send me your stories, concerns and questions. You can email me directly if you have more than the comments will allow at: oldhippieblogger@yahoo.com.
From politics, education, social attitudes and society, to the world of the paranormal, book recomendations and other interesting BLOGS, let me know. So, welcome one and all.

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Racism ~ Confusion and Other Thoughts

Never have I considered myself to be a Racist. But I do have my prejudices because I am Human like we all are. I don't like French cars, I never have and I doubt that I ever will. I don't like okra, especially boiled, but if you disguise it sufficiently, I can deal with it. I don't like people that I consider to be "Elitists", totally self-absorbed or just plain and simple phonies. But recent comments by a prominent athlete have me confused! Bernard Hopkins, a former world champion boxer said a few days ago that Donovan McNabb was not "Black Enough"! What the ....! This has to be confusing for the racists among us. I am confused and I am not a racist! What does this mean?

OK, so if you hate all Blacks because they are black, then I would still call you a racist. But what happens to the person who thinks that college educated Blacks are OK, but the "Ghetto" Blacks are not? Is this person still a racist? And what can we call Blacks who hate one of the two groups? Is a "Ghetto" Black who hates the college educated Black a racist? I don't know about this new revelation. Think about this and let me know what you think. As I said, I am confused about this.

You that read this know that I really enjoy sports. But, ENOUGH OF TIGER WOODS! Every day on ESPN's Sports Center, there are Tiger updates. The man hasn't won anything for YEARS! If golf is important enough for you to report on, why aren't you reporting more on the NEW people in the game? Why don't you do stories about OTHER golfers? Or could it be that without Tiger, golf is simply a game that is not especially important to Americans? I'm really tired of this, so PLEASE tell us what IS happening in the sports world and quit telling us what is NOT happening, like Tiger NOT winning, or Tiger NOT playing.

Continuing with sports for a moment, we fans are facing some serious times ahead. The NFL is currently in a lockout and up to their overstuffed wallets in court! Billionaires fighting with millionaires over who should get what percentage of more than a 9 billion dollar pie! So, I have to ask all of you this, does it really matter? We all know that in the end, the owners will simply raise their prices on tickets and merchandise to make up for what they feel they need, and it is us, THE FANS who will pay! And all indicators point to the same thing happening with Basketball. The NBA will have a similar lockout. I like to plan ahead, so if my TV time come Fall and Winter is not going to include sports, I need to find something to slot into the vacancies this will create in my life. Do any of you know of a professional ping-pong league I can change my allegiance to? Let me know.

There is a new candidate that has announced his entry into the Presidential Race. This guy from Texas. So, what is so confusing about another person getting into the race? Well, he says that we should legalize both prostitution and heroin. Well done! My confusion, however, comes at his EXCLUSION of MARIJUNA! I'm all for legalizing drugs, but why heroin and not good old POT? Maybe this guy is prejudice against pot, cocaine and other drugs. Maybe he just likes heroin. But if you want votes at the booth, you better look at the number of pot users in this country before you exclude us. Just a thought.

This has been fun, but I must be going. The rain is starting to fall, so I will soon loose my Internet connection, sorry. Have A Great Day,

The Old Hippie

No comments: