Welcome One And All

See the world through the eyes of one who is usually a little off center, and always anxious to hear your opinions. My purpose is not to entertain you, though I hope you are entertained, it is not to make you change your views so they align with mine, again, that would be nice sometimes, but to show you that you DO NOT have to think the way you have been told to all of your lives. Everyone has opinions and views, and they do not always conform to some unwritten standard. Your opinions are as important as anyone's. It is important to "Look Behind The Curtain", it is necessary to ask the question "Why", and it is best for all of us if you learn to think for yourselves. So agree with me if you choose to, or disagree. But THINK about what is happening in our world. and use the comments to give me your opinions, good, bad or indifferent. I want to hear from you, or for you to tell me about your BLOG, or to suggest one you think I should see. Send me your stories, concerns and questions. You can email me directly if you have more than the comments will allow at: oldhippieblogger@yahoo.com.
From politics, education, social attitudes and society, to the world of the paranormal, book recomendations and other interesting BLOGS, let me know. So, welcome one and all.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Government Conspiracy ~ Real od Not

Hell Yes they are real! Are you kidding me? Certainly not all claimed conspiracies are real, but the government is, after all, made of people, and people make mistakes, and people lie, and people don't like to take blame. Show me a group of people, more than a million of them, where all tell the truth every time, nobody ever lies, and every word they speak, every word they write and every impression they portray is 100% accurate, and I'll show you PROOF that Aliens exist! So, I decided that the real question is not if there are conspiracies, but to what extent do they exist. And, are they important!

Conspiracy theorists abound! If you listen to them, there is another conspiracy daily. So, as I was sitting back in a mellow and reflective mood ( self induced?? maybe...). I began to think about this. Is the belief in "Government Conspiracy" greater today than in the past, say the last 100 years? How about the last 1000 years? Longer? At first I thought that this was most likely true, but the more I thought about this, the more I came to believe that the percentage of these believed conspiracies has probably not changed. What has changed is our ability to discover them and to communicate that discovery to others. The evolution of the media, radio and television, the Internet and wireless personal communications devices have all been responsible for making the claims of conspiracy instantly available to the public.

We all know that government conspiracy exists, from the White House to the local Dog Catcher. We all know this, but we can not and do not go to the time and effort to prove this because for the most part, conspiracies are not important to us. We are not impressed with proving the local dog catcher was using his work vehicle for a trip to the local grocery store while he is on the clock, and we are not interested in string pulling and arm bending behind the scenes when Trudy was awarded teacher of the month in Every Town Elementary School. But we crave those really big juicy ones!

Give us JFK, Watergate, Area 51! We eat that up! We want to know everything, and what we don't know, where there blanks in our knowledge, we fill in the blanks with conjecture. And another conspiracy theory is born. We will never know the truth behind the JFK assassination. The government has seen to this, and Watergate, well, we know a lot, but those missing 18 minutes of tape will never be discovered, and without that, there is nothing to do but to let the book writers write some more books. Area 51? Do you believe that there are Alien spacecraft somewhere inside that disavowed facility? I have no idea, but I would like to believe it, because I would like to know if we have proof that we have neighbors. Hell, if I knew how to, I'd invite them over for a good old fashioned Bar-B-Que. But, where am I going with this?

This is not very complex in my way of thinking. We all know that government conspiracies exist. Keep looking into those that you discover. Look at them and take action. For the Dog Catcher, maybe you demote him, or fire him. But for publicly elected officials, you do two things. You get them OUT of office, and you hold them responsible in the courts! Unfortunately, you voters reelect them... and this I do not understand. If your favorite ball player was found to have conspired with your arch rival team to throw a game, do you want to extend his contract? If your employee was discovered to have conspired in an effort to hide a mistake that cost your company money, do you reward him with a promotion? You spend more time questioning the voting on "Dancing With the Stars" than you do with the voting on the National Budget? Use some common sense! Or quit crying wolf and disappear totally into your fantasy world. Have a great day.

The Old Hippie

No comments: