Welcome One And All

See the world through the eyes of one who is usually a little off center, and always anxious to hear your opinions. My purpose is not to entertain you, though I hope you are entertained, it is not to make you change your views so they align with mine, again, that would be nice sometimes, but to show you that you DO NOT have to think the way you have been told to all of your lives. Everyone has opinions and views, and they do not always conform to some unwritten standard. Your opinions are as important as anyone's. It is important to "Look Behind The Curtain", it is necessary to ask the question "Why", and it is best for all of us if you learn to think for yourselves. So agree with me if you choose to, or disagree. But THINK about what is happening in our world. and use the comments to give me your opinions, good, bad or indifferent. I want to hear from you, or for you to tell me about your BLOG, or to suggest one you think I should see. Send me your stories, concerns and questions. You can email me directly if you have more than the comments will allow at: oldhippieblogger@yahoo.com.
From politics, education, social attitudes and society, to the world of the paranormal, book recomendations and other interesting BLOGS, let me know. So, welcome one and all.

Popular Posts

Friday, June 3, 2011

Paranormal & Unexplained Mysteries ~ A Believer?

Paranormal phenomena and unexplained mysteries are rife throughout both the written history, and the oral history of people from every corner of the world. From cave drawings to recent reports, there has been a never ending tide of reports of ghosts, spirits, mysterious creatures, aliens, UFOs and personal encounters. The phenomenon is certainly not new, but is it real? Is there validity to these reports? We can all agree that there is more than the average number of "Charlatans, Fakes and Frauds" associated with this subject. But there are also some very believable people who have come forward with reports. And current reports are world wide. I can't seriously believe that someone from a small village in China, or India is trying to get publicity in America. This has been one of my interests for a very long time, and, I really want your opinions about anything having to do with this general subject. Give me your comments, and let's generate some discussion!

I'll start with "Bigfoot", after all, I was born and raised in California, and stories of him have always been very common there. But, similar creatures have been reported in Borneo, Nepal, Tibet, China, Mongolia, Russia, Canada and most states in the US! Stories from ancient history to recent sightings, Bigfoot, or his relatives, has been seen in many places around the world. If there is no basis for this, how is it possible for prehistoric people to have such similar descriptions in their oral histories? Granted, there is no smoking gun that gives proof positive that such a creature exists. There has never been a skeleton discovered, no one has ever shot one and put the stuffed thing in their den and none has ever been captured. But there is a ton of circumstantial evidence to support his existence.

Some video evidence exists that can not be proved to have been faked. Castings of footprints that have been proved to be real exist from the University of Idaho to universities in China. Credible accounts have been given from people all over the world. Audio recordings from animals or creatures that can not be identified by today's experts have been collected, hair samples from unidentified and undiscovered species have been found. People facing trial have been found guilty with less circumstantial evidence. And good old Bigfoot is not alone. The Loch Ness Monster has been reported for a very long time, but so has some relative in Lake Champlain, and another in Turkey.

There are too many related subjects for me to write about in a single post. Ghosts, spirits, angels and demons. UFOs, Aliens, alternate dimensions and psychic abilities. My questions are endless. Please tell me what you think. I always publish comments, and if you ask for it in your comment, I will email you. If you email me something worthwhile, I'll publish that also, the more the merrier. Have A Great Day6,

The Old Hippie

No comments: